Oh my goodness...I am about to do the dreaded double-post...but I so want to hook up with the cute teachers at Blog Hoppin' for their Teacher Week!
Today is Meet the Teacher Monday! Now...those of you that have been following me for a while, well...you will know most of these. Hopefully some of my new kiddos will learn what makes their crazy teacher tick before school starts.
1. I have been married to the wild and crazy Mr. Dunn for 20 years. This crazy guy keeps me on my toes, but I sure do love him. We have four kiddos of our own...3 boys and 1 girl! It makes me very sad that they are growing up... the house is way too quiet these days!
|My crazy husband!|
|Joshua, Justin, Katie, Derrick|
2. Before I became a teacher, I was in the Air Force. Can you believe that? It seems like a whole separate lifetime ago...look how young I was.
3. I LOVE watching my boys play football. I am probably that loud crazy momma you hear yelling in the stands. I couldn't tell you what was going on half the time, but boy do I love to watch them do what they love!
|Josh and I LOVE watching our boys play football!|
4. I am slightly obsessed with books, picture books in particular. I cannot pass a stack of books without stopping to look through them...I just CAN'T. You can bet, if it is a stack of brand-spankin'-new books, I WILL pick one up and smell it. I just love that new book smell. Ahhhhh....This obsession will one day make me go broke (more than I am now) I know. But I am who I am and you have to love me anyway. LOL...Books-a-million will one day be the death of me, but oh how I adore that store!
|There are over 10,000 books in this room, and I don't know if I can stop...|
Hello...my name is Tina, and I am a book hoarder. LOL
5. I love zombies...yes, I said ZOMBIES! The Walking Dead is probably the best show ever! One year our entire family dressed as zombies and traveled as a hoard throughout the neighborhood...even my mother! It was so much fun! October cannot come quick enough for the season premiere of Walking Dead.
|Our own little herd of walking dead for Halloween|
6. My favorite restaurant is Kan Pai! I could eat there every week...oh wait...Katie and I have done that before...LOL...they know our orders as soon as we walk in. :)
7. I have way too many fur babies...my sweet dogs.
8. I love purses. Purses are the best one size fits all accessory, EVER. The bigger the better! I have probably way too many, and whenever I manage a chance to go shopping, you can usually find me in the purse section. Most of the time simply daydreaming...
9. I used to LOVE to paint...I would say I love to paint without the "used to" part, if I could ever find the time to do it. It is such a zen moment to play with color. One of these days... I will find all of the time in the world to read and paint all I want on some sandy beach with a fruity drink in my hands..we can all dream. :)
|One of my most favorite murals..painted by ME!|
Do you recognize it? It's The Great Kapok Tree!
10. My most favorite book series in now being made into a series on Starz, and oh my goodness...they CANNOT get it finished soon enough. I mean, like seriously...I have been reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon for over 17 years now....almost as long as I have been married. The wait between books and the wait for this series is almost more than I can bear. One day...if I am not on a beach with a fruity drink in one hand and a book or paint brush in the other, I will be in Scotland because of this series. LOL...
Welp....that's it...10 maybe-not-so random facts about me!
For those of you that know way too much about me anyway...thanks for sticking with me even if it was a double post kinda day. :)
Happy reading, friends!