Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Hardest Thing I Have Ever Done

As I sit here staring at my blinking cursor, I struggle with where to begin. In the short time I have been on this blogging journey, this year was the most challenging. This year, life outside of school pushed and pulled and demanded so much of my time that my little corner of the blogging world was simply set aside and neglected as the needs of my family and the needs of the kiddos in my class took precedence.

As I mentioned in my previous post...way back in April, goodness!...the biggest reason for my absence was my father's illness. Pancreatic cancer is such an ugly and relentless illness, and it moved incredibly fast and assuredly to take my father from us. From the moment of his diagnosis, life spun past me in a haze, and only now that he is gone am I able to take time to reflect on those fleeting moments. However, in all honesty, I would redo every second of those crazy months to have my dad back because saying goodbye was the hardest thing I have ever done.


 
My dad with his twin brother.

Two of my favorite pics of my dad. :) I will forever miss that smile!

We knew that we had very little time, but still I don't know that you can ever be prepared when that time comes.

Through it all, the support of family and friends was such a blessing. Watching my teaching family walk through the door at my dad's visitation gave me that extra boost of strength to get through the day, and the love of my students and their families supported me in the weeks that followed. I cannot thank all these people enough, and I hope I have shown them how much I appreciate them.


As hard as those days were, our sweet class still worked hard on everything they did, especially their Project Based Learning, and I promise to share that soon. They worked diligently preparing for their presentations, and when the day finally came, it was all I could do not to burst with pride. Oh how I loved this sweet class!

There are so many posts that have run through my mind recently, and I have started a list of all of the things I can't wait to post as I get back into the groove of sharing all that we accomplish.

I so can NOT wait for you to see our classroom reveal. This year will be my all time FAVE!

Here is a sneak peak of what is to come. :) So excited!


I will also be doing a big post about our classroom library....one of my most favorite things in the world and quite possibly an illness known as book hoarding. LOL... don't judge!

Just one of the many libraries around our room.


So please be on the lookout for more posts in the very near future, and thank you so much for your patience as I get back to blogging they way I love.



Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. I am so very sorry for the loss of your father. Family definitely comes first before blogging. I had to take a break this year too. It was just too much. I can't wait to see your room reveal. What you have so far looks amazing! I want that carpet!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother-in-law died of pancreatic cancer and it was terrible. The doctors gave her six months and that was it. It is the hardest thing to go through. My prayers are with you and am so sorry you and your family have had to go through this!
    Janie
    Are We There Yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry for the loss of your dad. I'm glad you were able to spend time with him. I wish it could have been more.

    ReplyDelete